When: Thursday May 21st on the topic of Labour, Working Conditins and Covid 19 – 1pm PT/4pm ET.
Panelists will address how the COVID crisis is affecting essential workers and workplaces, the role of employment insecurity in shaping safety and security for these workers and the society that relies upon them, and potentially transformative outcomes that could arise from the pandemic for working conditions, corporate power, workers rights and (in)equality.
- Juan de Lara, University of Southern California
- Gagandeep Kaur, Warehouse Workers Alliance, Toronto
- Deena Ladd, Workers Action Centre Toronto
- Andrea Dehlendorf – United for Respect/Making Change at Walmart
- Steve Tufts – York University, Toronto Airport Workers Council
The panel will be live-streamed via the FES Facebook live page at https://www.facebook.com/YorkUFES/ and will also be linked to the seminar series website at https://socialjusticeaftercovid.weebly.com/